Advantages of one piece arm
- Less joints means a more rigid balcony. Not having a stub, increases rigidity.
- Reduces cost and programme on site as no additional sections manufactured or installed, one piece arm can be factory assembled to anchor and cast-in as one complete piece.
- Can be used to support scaffold boards if positioned at approx. top of slab, however they are not designed to take scaffold loadings.
Considerations for one piece arms
- Large sections means consideration needs to be given to edge protection and form work during the concrete casting stage
- One piece arms typically project from the façade for the full projection of the balcony so can be prohibitive to a mast climber access strategy
- If using system scaffold or arrangements at circa 2m brick lifts, consider whether arms will pose a potential obstruction to scaffold working area.
Social login is required in order to access a pdf containing more detail on this subject.
Please authenticate with either LinkedIn or Twitter in order to continue: