Supply Chain Manager – Permanent vacancy – Reading – £40,000 – £50,000 plus bonus potential
As part of our next step as the UK’s leading balcony specialist, we are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to maintain and manage our supply chain to support profitable growth within our fast paced and dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining good strategic relationships with key supply partners, links with contacts at different levels.
- Evaluating the suitability and capability of possible new supply partners (UK and globally)
- Negotiating supply contract terms and service level agreements in conjunction with the Commercial Director, to mitigate risk
- Ensuring supply chain are receiving complete and unambiguous information to supply goods and services on our behalf
- Ensuring that significant purchases are strategically analysed negotiated prior to orders being placed
- Establishing and maintaining an approved supplier list
- Analysing factors affecting costs, negotiate any attempted price rises, watch commodity costs to ensure we are getting good value
- Establishing and maintaining a method of supplier assessment and scoring with feedback that encourages suppliers to improve and gives a basis for purchasing decisions
The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant Supply Chain Management experience
- Be keen to make a difference as part of our fast paced and dynamic team
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Have the ability to understand technical products
- Have a full driving license and willingness to undertake a reasonable amount of travelling
- Be a good communicator and listener, verbally and written, both paper and electronically
Desirable but not essential:
- Qualification in Supply Chain Management
- Qualification in Contract Law or in purchasing (CIPS or similar type)
This role will suit a Supply Chain Manager, strategic purchasing manager or Head of Supply Chain.
This role is a Reading based role. We are looking to receive candidates based within reasonable commuting distance.
If you are suitably competent and are genuinely interested then please send you CV to: email@example.com